Monday, January 25, 2010

The Name Is Bond...Simply Bond


If money doesn’t grow on trees, why do banks have “Branches”?

Why round pizzas are packed in “square” boxes?

If we are not supposed to drink and drive, why do bars have “parking lots”?

Why do we still call it a “building”, when it’s already built?

He he he…we are a funny bunch of people, living in a seriously funny world? Isn’t it? And the best part is that we never question these things?

But when a person like me calls himself “Bond”, there exists, not just a big question mark in front of the entire world, but people also expect a very high degree of interrogation that should lead me to some serious non-bail able charges…He he he…

Few of them just become curious though, to know what makes me feel that I am a “Bond”. Still there are few who are thinkers…who do not accept whatever is presented to them until they are highly convinced about things?

Hundreds of times, I have been questioned why do I call myself “Bond”? But believe me, till yesterday, I never met a thinker who questioned my nick name. So I also never bothered to answer this question as to why “Bond”? Every time I preferred to be MUTE and used to IGNORE the question?

The very essence of the existence of this blog is to answer my status quo to that thinker, who is not just expecting an answer but an explanation too… So here it goes…

Datch, Panditji, Sukhanwar and Bond are few of my nick names representing me in a different group of people at different time zones of my life. Each nick name refers to a separate alter ego of the same person, that’s me. This one is specifically for Bond…

The first impression that gets created in our minds when we say Bond is that of Ian Flemming’s James Bond 007. I am a die hard fan of James Bond movies, especially the ones which features Peirce Brosnan as the lead. Right from his dressing sense to the ways of his execution, witty style, whacky one liner’s, use of modern technology, ability to see beyond what is portrayed and 100% commitment to his mission, I simply get charged up when Mr. Bond comes onscreen. And who won’t love to be a Bond in real life. Well, that could be one of the reasons why I call myself “Bond”. More stress should be given on the words – “could be”…

Bond generically means something that binds. People who are close to me know it very well that I bind them with each other and with myself too, to such an extent that loosening does not remain an option. But for that, one really must be close to me. He he he…see what Rashmi an ex-colleague from Xchanging has to write on my orkut (a social networking site) profile testimonial…

Three years post leaving Xchanging, she currently works for Ernst & Young as a Sr. Analyst and still remains a very close friend to me. Apart from many others, Sumit, Rohan, Mohit, Shailly and Dheeraj along with Puneet, Brijesh and Manoj are very closely bonded to me at my existing workplace. And I value them as MY PEOPLE…They too feel the same for me…We are closely BONDED with each other.

My name Rishi in Hindi means a Monk / Saint…but as mentioned in my earlier blogs, I consider myself a scientist who invented his own religion – BONDING…free from every caste, creed, races and classes. Bonding has more depth when compared to words like affair, companionship, relationship and so on and so froth. And that could be another reason why I call myself “Bond”. More stress should again be given on the words – “could be”…he he he

After much introspection, I finally found my love of life. And they are two, not just one. Martial Arts and Investment Research. And I am passionate about both. Leave martial arts aside, the world of investments just fascinates me to the core of my heart.

May be that’s the reason, I see myself as a hardcore investment analyst throughout my life.

Ask any investment professional and he / she will quote -

Bond is a security, in which if invested, the investor will reap fixed and guaranteed benefits at regular intervals, till the time, Bond actually expires.

Now that’s the real reason why I like to call myself “Bond”. May be I should leave upon you people to find out, what prudent investing is all about?

No comments: