Saturday, November 15, 2008

Partnering Self - A Salute To The Female Fraternity


Even at the age of thirty, few people say, that I am alone because I have been ditched by some girl and I haven’t forgotten her.

Few even say that I might have ditched someone and then realized my mistake, so to punish myself, I live a lonely life.

If that’s not just enough, few also say that I can not live with just a single one…so I am alone in order to fit anyone anytime.

Now try this one…he had relationships with numerous women and somehow loved only the eyes of the first, lips of the second, fragrance of the third, voice of the fourth and so on and so forth. And even after several relationships, he could not find a complete woman of his life, so he is alone…he he he…Interesting, isn’t it?

Shall I go ahead with more of them…? He he he…Leave it; otherwise even you will be bored as I am. You would hear many stories about me from many people. Like I used the word stories, they are stories only.

Answer my simple question please… “Is life only about entering into a relationship, thereby finding a partner for your self?

If your answer is “Yes”, please don’t go ahead reading this one, as you would end up wasting time…and if you have a smallest possible doubt or “I don’t know” factor in your mind, go ahead…the signal is green for you.

When I was a child, I had shyness towards words like marriages, lovers and life partners. Blame the Indian conservative culture for it, or simply consider it childhood shyness. The fact remains the same that I kept myself aloof from words like marriages and companionship right from the time when I was four, may be five or something like that. It continued till I acquired a status called teenager.

In my mid teens, I somehow got indulged in practicing Martial Arts. My Sensai told me to devote myself diligently towards practicing the basic art first and then reinventing it for my self. I was associated with Jeet Kuni Do…which required deepest meditation and concentration. Nonetheless to mention that meditation forms the backbone of martial arts, I was asked to keep myself consciously away from girls and female fantasies. So yahaa bhi break lag gayaa…he he he…

When I was in my tenth standard, my life took me to a road often less traveled by normal people. Getting transformed from an atheist to someone who wanted to explore supernatural existence, I started practicing ancient Hindu Tantras. I got inclined towards Bramhcharya, as I started worshipping Lord Hanuman. And we all know what Bramhcharya is all about…he he he…Somehow, when I crossed all the limits of being a Tantrik, my guru proactively asked me to leave the world of tantra for living a normal life, and I was like…back to pavilion.

My tryst with female companionship started after my first year in twelfth standard. Of course, when I was in standard tenth, I was attracted to Manmeet Kaur and Shilpa. But due to my meditative nature and later on for practicing Bramhcharya, I had no option but to let my friends go with the girls. He he he…And when my Guru released me from his spiritual tutelage, I already lost my contact with my Martial Art Sensai. So it was an entirely different world for me with no boundaries. So when I reached my HSSC, I got wrongly involved with few people and skipped my board exams just for winning a bet.

So here begins, the second year of my twelfth standard. I was normally not introduced to any of my friend’s girlfriend, as all my friends used to believe that if it happens, their girls would be spotted along with me in the college premises or surrounding gardens after few days. He he he…Imran actually first observed this, when two days after he introduced his girlfriend to me, Afra was seen with me several times in the near by Grotto. Not only this, people also saw me every now and then with Shireen, who was Afra’s friend. Later on, rumors got spread that Afra, Rishi and Shireen were into triangle relationship. He he he. I still don’t know why Imran was excluded…may be that people those days were aloof from concepts like Quadrilateral relationships. He he he…Anyways, Imran discussed this with Praveen who in turn spread the news among all my friends that we should not introduce our girlfriends to Rishi…he he he…I was not a hunk in my college days, yet innocence was all in my personality. May be that was the reason why my friends used to have problems with me concerning their girlfriends…he he he…

During my days of Bhaigiri…when people used to call me Datch Bhai…I somehow turned myself as a One Stop Solution Bhai of all the beautiful girls in my college…bu hu hu…thereby protecting them from seniors and alien people. It was an innovative way that I chalked out for spreading my bhaigiri in and around my college. He he he…It was this time when Veeru and other friends actually told me that one of the girls who used to accompany my so called pseudo sisters actually used to admire me…he he he…she turned out to be the daughter of HOD Physics and her name was Tesla…he he he. Nothing was in my mind…but friends ungli kar gaye…saalo ne chadhaa diyaa chane ke jhaad pe…and I started observing minutely if she actually admires me or not…She also got the same message from her friends and so we both used to observe each other…dheere dheere galti se baat aage badh rahi thi ke bas…I got involved with one of my friends, attempting girlfriend named Zohra. Tesla and her friends spotted me with Zohra every now and then…Moreover, rumors of relationship between Rishi – Zohra got spread specially among juniors and one fine day I got a message from my so called pseudo sisters that she is not ready to accept me because of my Bhaigiri wali image. He he he…bus fir kyaa thaa…yahaa bhi break lag gayaa…he he he

During my computer education at NIIT, rumors spread that I first got involved with Kalpana, then with Rekha, then with Pooja and lastly with Kamnaa. I remember, I just had few movies, dinners and gardening with these girls. Wait wait wait, I also had outings with Kalpana and Kamnaa…Now if people call it a date, then I must admit that I was dating all the four girls, simultaneously. Oh yes! Simultaneously is the word you should actually concentrate. I used to manage them as all the four girls were from different batches and I used to be at NIIT for the entire day in the name of computer practice. He he he…but what if suddenly few batches get merged and each of the girls came to know that I was dating them SIMULTANEOUSLY…he he he… BREAK UP was the only word that all of them shouted simultaneously…he he he

Nidhi was the only exception with whom I was normally spotted studying or spending time after our MBA Entrance coaching classes at Search International. Despite of this, any kind of rumors did not spread concerning both of us…that’s the only reason why she is an exception…otherwise every other girl who came in contact with me used to get allegedly linked with me in some way or the other…

When I boarded the Nagpur – Pune bus to appear for the MBA entrance exam of SCMHRD, I accidentally ended up meeting three of my graduation tuition classmates…Jyoti, Sarika and Shivangi. Since we were classmates, who never interacted earlier, casual conversation began during the journey. We all returned back in the same bus after getting close to each other in Pune. They asked me to accompany them while returning to Nagpur. I agreed and so they booked four births in the sleeper coach bus. While sleeping next to Sarika, I was completely scared. I really don’t know how, rumors again got spread the very next day in my MBA coaching that Rishi slept with a girl named Sarika, (who studied with me in my commerce classes). Few people from my commerce classes used to attend my MBA coaching classes in the same building. Later, I came to know from Jyoti that Sarika in her hostel casually told her friends about the whole incident. So once again, my image of being a Casanova got strengthened…this time, there were three elements in the story…me, Sarika and our bed, which was actually two combined upper births in the sleeper coach bus from Pune to Nagpur …he he he…not my fault, isn't it?

My next few months ended up with spending time with Jyoti, who was a Punjabi kudi, thereby meeting her everyday at Telangkhedi Hanuman Mandir. Because of my previous poojas, upaasnaas & archanaas, Bajrang Bali gave me some concession and hence we both were often spotted in his temple…She was a very emotional girl. One fine day, she actually told me to meet her parents. This happened in just few months after we interacted for the first time in the bus. Since the girl was very good and too emotional, she started talking about getting engaged and then married after finishing our education. I never intended to screw her life, so I plainly told her that I might not be able to carry it further as I had no plans for marriage. I don’t know whether the heart broken girl had actually forgiven me or not, but I am happy that I did not use her for my chauvinistic gains. See, marriage & companionship were never on my priority list.

After the cancellation of my MBA admission at ICFAI-Hyderabad, I was mentally disturbed. My father gifted me a cell phone stating that I should use it in sync with my pocket. However, friends ko kaon rok saktaa hai…he he he…to interact & to get important messages, Sharique bhai gave my cell number to his girlfriend Tarannum who used to stay in Mumbai. He told me that she was working with Jet Airways as a Domestic Airhostess…and is his childhood friend who later became his girlfriend. Tarannum called me once to give a message to Sharique. We had a very formal communication. Never did I expect that after two months of exchanging messages, Tarannum would call me every night. Not for delivering messages anymore, but to speak to me as she used to find a friend in me. One day she revealed that Sharique is just a good childhood friend of her and not her boyfriend. We both were literally upset with Sharique over this matter. Anyways, she used to call every night and my father used to get disturbed by the calls whenever he used to be home. He he he…And at the end of the month, my father used to check the incoming calls appearing in my cell phone bill…he he he…as those days, even incoming calls were charged by the service providers. One day, she called me and asked me to meet her in a restaurant. Since then, she used to visit Nagpur every month. After two of her visit, she became very verbal to state that she visits Nagpur to meet me. And again I was in a…what to do situation? I never wanted any relationship to crop up, so felt it like a problem…Sometimes, I used to feel that she is playing a double game with me and Sharique. Surprizingly, one day her younger brother called and informed me that Tarannum met with an accident near Nagpur while driving a car. She wanted to meet me in the hospital. When I reached the hospital, she was already declared dead. I never thought that I would get such an awkward solution to my problem.

Well, well, well…when I joined Convergys, I turned myself as a work machine without any emotions and spent a year without actually being involved in any rumor / controversy. However, in the second year, I got attracted by the simplicity of Shikha. She used to work with the Quality team and was the simplest salwar suit type of a girl. Normally we do not find such girls in BPO’s…he he he…I mean, I can count the number of Shikha type girls working in BPO’s on my fingure tips...Since I had ample time after my office, I started thinking about her and penned down those thoughts on paper...that was the time, when I discovered a poet within myself…I wrote eight poetry based on the thought processes that Shikha used to give me those days, even though we never ever interacted with each other…Then suddenly one day I saw her in a modern get up…tight low waist jeans, revealing T-shirt, parlored hair. Everything in her was fake…just like every other BPO girl. Must tell you that she dissolved herself with modernism and since that very day, whenever I tried writing something on her, I couldn’t find even a single thought that can be penned down into a poem.

Even though I closed the chapter called Shikha, the entire experience gave me an insight about writing poetry. Consequently, I ended up searching sweet and simple girls which could give me thoughts and inspiration for writing poetry. I used to interact and be friendly with them over coffee or dinner or sometimes movies too, just to grab that source of inspiration which could then germinate a poem.

The idea was to emerge as a prolific poet and not as a foolish emotional lover. Hence, I followed a simple rule. I used to admire a particular girl only till the time; she used to give me inspiration for my poem. The moment, girls stopped giving me thoughts; I used to replace them with another girl who can probably be the source of inspiration for my future writings. Those days, I used to compare girls with “use and throw refills” which were used in a ball point pen. The moment refill got over, it got replaced with another…he he he…you have every reasons to hate me for this…but I was driven with a conscious desire to write poems...That was entirely a different motivation which normally people don’t have…I am glad, I wrote close to ninety poetry with not more than two poems per girl…he he he…After working for two years with Convergys, I left the company citing a reason that I wanted to make writing as a full time career. He he he…My tryst with female companionship ended when I left IBM within seven months of joining.

My days at Xchanging taught me to be professional. It was at Xchanging where I learnt the true meaning of my existence. Concepts like Research & Analysis, Investment Banking and Entrepreneurship started flowing in my blood just to reach my soul.

Since then, I never got involved with any female and hence concentrated more on career development and knowledge building rather than poetry writing. There was a drastic change in my personality as I built a solid network and used it for my professional gains. I was heavily involved into office politics first by being its victim and then by preying others to victimize them…I literally played the game of business at Xchanging and hence learnt my corporate strengths and weaknesses.

I learnt that I don’t possess the characteristics of Narayana Murthy or Dheerubhai Ambani who can still derive moral support from their better half and create Infosys & Reliance in their lifetime. Even Ratan Tata is not married and feels the same. I learnt that female companionship and family are the only two weaknesses that can lead me towards defeat in my corporate battle, as I can be emotional for them at any point of time. I know that in my later life, I will have to combat several corporate demons and for that I would have to invest a hell lot of time. As such, I know I will never be able to give time to my family members and life partner, even if I make any. My family understands this, but what if my partner & children fail to understand this…Why to create another family and ruin it when I know that I can not handle it…

I am just trying to make Jeet Kuni Do my way of life…it tells us to learn the basic art first and then to re-invent it according to our strengths and weaknesses…I don’t really feel that I am doing anything wrong, by not ruining others life…I am going as per the preaching that I got in my earlier life…and I am fortunate enough that my Martial Art Sensai actually taught me what Jeet Kuni Do is all about…it’s not just a fighting technique but a way of life.

Well that’s still something which you will understand because my reasoning possesses the feel good factor as mentioned above. But what if I have other reasons too…he he he

Now try this one…

There is something called as female artifice or feminine airs. In Hindi, we often call it Nakhra which females generally posses. Most of the times, females use it purposefully to woe men. I have had many of such nakhras in my amateurish days by so many females that I don’t even remember which girl carried which artifice. But now, I simply fail to tolerate them. Today I feel bugged up by all those female nakhras to such an extent that I prefer being alone rather than living with a female possessing it. And that’s the only reason you will find me watching movies or dining outside alone. With all due respect to the female fraternity of this world, I would just like to make my point, that still, there are other credible things which people like me, would prefer rather than just being victimized to female artifice.

I am not a misogynist. But at the same time, I am not the one who would give concessions to females in every respect. I am a die hard believer of the fact that – Only males are not driven by the desire of possessing females, even females are driven by the same kind of desire of possessing males. And because of this, both males and females would do anything good or bad to acquire the status called companionship in their life.

But the million dollar question is – Is it necessary for all human beings to make companionship in some way or the other…be it girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, husbands & wives and so on and so froth? Don’t we have other credible things on earth to do rather than just going ahead and creating families? I mean you can still be a family man/woman if you have existing family, but is it necessary to create another or extend your existing one?

After all companionship motivates every Tom, Dick or Harry to indulge himself with every Tina, Dolly or Helen…” The only question that separates me from the so called masses is – “Being straight, how different am I when it comes to companionship?”

This is the question which sets me to be on an experimental mode. It motivates me to give this world few theories based on the facts of my actual life. Often people say that I may ruin my life if I go ahead with such experiments living a lonely life.

But then the entire world has witnessed the fact that good result of any experiment is nothing but an outcome of many sacrifices, out of the box thinking, dare to attempt odd activities and living with criticism. And I am gamed for it.

For professional networking even today or in future, you may spot me sipping Tea / Coffee or Dry Martini (shaken not stirred) with few female counterparts in my office or in some restaurants.

After all, professional networking is something which I can not avoid, even with females. Professional networking keeps me updated with latest information and happenings in and around me which in turn keeps me awake while fighting the corporate war.

At the end of the day, I know I have the capability of changing refills in a pen and magazines in a gun whenever the earlier one gets completely used up. Got the message? He he he

I and Ambition…make a perfect pair. And the latest rumor is that we are in a live-in relationship. He he he…I live in my ambition and my ambition lives in me…he he he…believe it or not, it’s a rumor, just like the ones I had in my past life…he he he…

Companionship is something, which I left for people like you…

My name Rishi does not make me a saint…but yes…I am a scientist, who invented his own religion…called Bonding…which has more depth when compared with words like companionship.

SO LOVE ME OR HATE ME, I DON’T CARE…JUST KEEP BONDING

Bond

No comments: