Friday, July 10, 2009

The Plaster Story...

Pehla pehla plaster hai…pehli pehli baar hai…

Jaanke bhi anjanaa…kaisa mera pair hai…ho ho ho

So guys and gals, get ready for the ultimate action of the year. For the first time in life, I am experiencing something, which I never did earlier. I am on a road never traveled before. Yesterday, when I visited Apollo Clinic in Sector 14, Dr Sanjay Kapoor got me a plaster on my right leg, after his diagnosis. The plaster will last for three weeks. And I was advised to take bed-rest for three to five days and then probably I can start moving. According to Dr. Kapoor, there is a tear in the ligament of my right ankle. To heal it properly, I must put on the plaster and be on it for next three weeks.

Since I could not drive my car, I took a rickshaw while coming back home. While returning, I got a call from a colleague, Vishal stating that our monthly research work which was supposed to start on Friday, actually got proponed by a day and has started yesterday itself. Hooooooooooo…emergency time…for any Bond to get in action…isn’t it? He he he…Although I was advised bed rest, I decided to go to the office. Not even once was I confused about it. As Martial Arts / Parkour is my personal choice of life. And it should never affect my professional life. I like it keeping them separate. So I called Mohit & Sumit (my team members) and asked them to pick me up from my place at 7:00 PM.

Just imagine the amount of attention that a person gets if he wears a plaster and cripple around in his office. He he he...

The moment my team members saw me in this new avatar, they were zapped. “Ye kyaa hai sirji…?” Few of them sympathized – “Sirji aap sachmuch me sanki ho…plaster chadhne ke baad log bedrest karte hai…chutti lete hai, aur aap fir bhi langdaate hue office aa gaye?...ghar jao sirji…aaram karo”

And I heard few of them kanafoosing “Sala kutta kameena, tootne footne ke baad bhi office aa gayaa…ise kehte hai jawaani ke jhatke…lagtaa hai, marke hi peechha chhodegaa”…he he he…

I was mentally prepared for getting both, lionized and demonized. I am a combination of both and since past few years people typecast me in the same role. He he he…

Everyone who knew me approached me. Now that’s something very obvious. But iskaa kyaa kare, that those who don’t know me also came forward to ask about my lucky leg. And after a while I was so irritated by the same kind of questions and answers that I decided to hide my leg under the desk. And then I started quality checking the work of my team members. Sumit, Shailly and Mohit were there for me to bring my daily doses of juice which kept me energized throughout the day. I am glad I saved one external error by identifying it and charging it internally to the concerned analyst so that it gets rectified on time. The satisfaction that I got from doing my work un-interruptedly is way too above than what I would have got resting at home. I worked till 3.30 AM in the night and then Puneet dropped me home. Thanks to fate for keeping few good people around me without whom, living an un-interrupted life is next to impossible.

Back at home, I just could not sleep during the night. Well, you are right…due to the severity of pain in my leg. But that wasn’t just the only reason. He he he…Actually I was worried about my weight which can again get increased due to lack of exercise and physical workouts for three complete weeks. Oh God! Itni mushkil se 8 kilo wazan kum kiyaa thaa…sab bedaa garak naa ho jaye…So while I was resting on bed, I was actually planning how to cut on my already reduced calorie intake. I also decided to keep continuing few exercises that would not involve leg movements and can still burn more and more of my calories. Of course I can’t run and jump. But atleast I can practice few hundreds of punches, blocks, carats along with pushups, crunches and squats. It’s only that I have to increase the number of repetitions so that more and more of my calories burn and I still continue to maintain my weight, if not loosing it more.

With this thought, I slept a little only to here my reminder alarm already preset for 5.00 AM for my martial arts class…which today, I was about to miss as I had to pick my Mom from the railway station. Yesterday she boarded the train from Nagpur.

And when I woke up at about 12:00 AM today, first thing I did was to execute my entire fitness plan that I had in my mind the last night.

I did 100 repetitions of pushups, crunches, squats and practiced few punches along with blocks and carats. That ways, I am quite satisfied with what I have imbibed within myself in the past three months. Thanks to Gunjan Sharma, my instructor who always mentioned that – kamzoriya sabhi me hai…but hame use haavi nahi hone dena chaahiye…

Let’s see – how early can I join back my martial arts classes…which has become an inevitable part of my life.

No comments: